Thursday, May 19, 2016

The Recipe Card Tea Towel

I saw this project idea somewhere and wanted to create a version for my family.  My great grandmother was an incredible cook, and she was known for many of her delicious recipes.  Her lemon bar recipe is one of our favorites.  I borrowed the well-worn card she had written the recipe on (dated 1976) from my mother and scanned it in.  I layered the recipe card front and back pictures on top of a picture of some blue gingham fabric I created by scanning the fabric.  Spoonflower prints its fabric at 150 ppi, so you adjust the size of your image by adjusting your ppi.  I had to play with the size and placement of the images to allow four towels to print on one yard of fabric.
Figuring image sizing in Spoonflower
When the fabric came in the mail, I washed and dried it, then cut the 4 towels apart and finished them.
1 yard of fabric with 4 towels printed on it
The final towels are charming, and a big hit as gifts with relatives.
Final towel

No comments:

Post a Comment