Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Ragnar Sunset Relay

Of course after the big road race and the trail race in WI, I had to sign up for the smaller Ragnar Sunset held in the Twin Cities. I signed up in November of 2019 ($367 with promo and early sign up) for the race scheduled in June 2020. The pandemic hit and the 2020 race was cancelled- Ragnar did not offer refunds, but I could transfer enrollment to the June 5 2021 race. It was touch-and-go for a while whether it would be held in June, but as infection rates decreased, the race was on. I invited the kids to join me, and this was Will's first race.

Training-wise, it was a struggle. While I was doing some running each week, I was also doing plenty of sitting as I worked solely from home over the last year, and I was generally blah...

The race took place at Lake Rebecca during a heatwave, and it was 99 degrees when we started at 2 PM. They'd altered the course due to the heat, so rather than run one loop at 4 miles and one at 4.9 miles, we ran the shorter (and slightly shadier) loop twice.

When I ran my first loop, I got so hot, my skin felt like it was on fire as if I was going to spontaneously combust. I did slightly better the 2nd loop, but it was still a slog. The kids did great. 

Now I can say I've done the Ragnar trifecta.

Finishers!



Bought him the shirt

We didn't set the world on fire, but we got it done

No comments:

Post a Comment