Friday, August 2, 2024

Food on Boards

We entertain family and friends pretty frequently, and I've been searching for new ideas beyond our usuals. I stumbled into a trend of serving more than just charcuterie on boards and was immediately intrigued. Of course, many of the pictures are stunning and make you want to try it.


Round serving boards are expensive, so I opted for this 24" diameter ottoman tray at World Market for $45 and gave it two coats of polyacrylic to make sure it's food safe. I also bought two rectangular boards off FB Marketplace (because once I started looking I couldn't help myself). I got a couple of cookbooks from the library and bought a couple.

Chocolate fondue
First up,, I made chocolate fondue (doubling this recipe) with cocoa krispie bars, pound cake from Costco, fruit,, potato chips, marshmallows and shortbread cookies.
Next came the taco board with two kinds of refried beans, rice, corn, etc.
Digging into the taco board
Then came the cobb salad board.
No doubt more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment